Ark Animal Centre is the leading rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing shelter in South Africa, and is the only shelter that specifically caters for pregnant mom dogs and puppies.
We have a no suffer policy for animals in our care. Based in Fourways, JHB, we specialise in the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing of puppies, pregnant mom’s and small breed dogs from all types of backgrounds. We take in puppies from all over Gauteng and we home puppies country wide. We homed 100 dogs in our first 100 days – a first in welfare.
What makes us different:
- We are a passionate, innovative and creative team.
- We are forward thinking in all aspects of welfare.
- We go above and beyond for any animal that needs our help.
- We believe fully in team work and often join forces with other shelters to benefit South Africa’s abused and abandoned animals.
- We help ourselves before asking others for help.
- We are positive, energetic and friendly.
- Our founder sold her home in order to buy a new property for our rescue animals.
- We give as much as we take.
- When people adopt an animal from Ark they are forever part of the “Ark Family”
How you can help:
Volunteers and community students are welcome to visit the shelter. Our puppies love nothing better than a good cuddle and walk.
Our biggest expense at the moment is food and vet bills. We do not have a food sponsor. The cost of running our shelter every month is sitting on about R60 000 per month. Any donations are greatly appreciated. Should you wish to contribute financially please see our banking details below:
Ark Animal Centre
FNB Cheque Account: 62335841301
Branch: Broadacres Code: 204809
SWIFT code: TIRNZAJJ
Ark Animal Centre Wish List
- Puppy food pellets and tins
- Milk-o-pup or Royal Canin puppy milk
- Plastic dog beds
- Plastic dog kennels
- Dog bowls
- 3ml syringes
- Grey dog blankets
- Small dog jerseys for our tiny pups
- Dog treats
- Food sponsor
- Interior wall paint
- Flooring/screeding for office, food and medical rooms
- Office stationery eg: pens, files, paper, cabinets, scissors, printer ink etc
- Aircon/heater to keep warm/cool in summer and winter
- Labelling machine
- Cleaning products for office, kitchen etc.
- F10 for kennels and medical room
- First aid kit for humans
- Storage bins/boxes
- Tiles and grout to fix up bathroom
- Trees, plants and greenery for the garden and around the kennels
- Paint and labour for exterior of house
All donations and help are much appreciated! Thank you!
Our Adoption Process:
To adopt a puppy from us is a very enjoyable experience. We suggest you come visit our shelter and get a feel for what type of dog you are looking for. Our awesome team will assist you while you fill out the application form.
You can spend as much time as you need meeting and playing with all the pup’s until you find the one who steals your heart. When you have decided, we then ask you to fill out an adoption contract and a home check will be done.
Our adoption fee is R900 which includes the first 2 inoculations, de-worming, rabies and sterilisation.
087 742 2211
Adoptions and general info: email@example.com
Fundraising and events: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our blog: www.arkanimalcentre.worpress.com
We can be found on the following social media platforms:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/ArkAnimalCentre
Twitter – www.twitter.com/ArkAnimalCentre
Pinterest – www.pinterest.com/ArkAnimalCentre
Instagram - www.instagram.com/ArkAnimalCentre
YouTube – www.youtube.com/ArkAnimalCentre
Our favourites quote:
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
Our SMS line:
Help us now by SMSing ‘Donate FOOD’ to 48748. R10 per sms. All SA networks.
Map to Ark Animal Centre:
Directions to the shelter:
From Cedar road drive towards Lanseria until you get to the T-junction. Turn left onto the R114. Drive exactly 1.1km and turn left at the Ark Sign onto a sand road. Follow the sand road until you see a big white wall with our Ark logo. We are inside the wall.
From Hans Strydom/Malibongwe drive towards Lanseria until you get to the Lion Park intersection. Turn right onto the R114. Drive about 2km and turn right at the Ark Sign onto a sand road. Follow the sand road until you see a big white wall with our Ark logo. We are inside the wall.
From Centurion get onto the N14 and take the R512 off ramp and turn left. At the next robot which is the Lion Park intersection turn left onto the R114. Drive about 2km and turn right at the Ark Sign onto a sand road. Follow the sand road until you see a big white wall with our Ark logo. We are inside the wall.
Have a look at what we did in 2012…
Watch our video of our latest Bikini Car Wash Fundraiser where we raised just under R14 000 for our puppies!!